Thursday, March 10, 2016

Reflection for Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent
EX 32: 7-14
PS 106: 19-20, 21-22, 23
JN 5:31-47

Today’s reading reminds us that Lent is a time for spiritual growth, self-denial, and conversion. In the first reading, the scripture states, “Go down at once to your people…for they have become depraved.
They have soon turned aside from the way I pointed out to them…”

In the midst of our busy lives, sometimes we find that we have let our relationship with Christ fall on the wayside. We have become victim to the habit of busyness that we jeopardize our relationship with Christ. We have so many roles as individuals – students, professors, mothers, fathers, friends -- that we get so caught up in the millions of things we need to do and the never-ending to-do lists. We tell ourselves that there aren’t enough hours in the day to do all the things we need to do and as a result our relationship with God suffers. It is during this season of Lent that God whispers to us, “Come back. Remember my love.”  Lent is a time in which we need to come back to Christ and to remember that we can never be too busy to enrich our relationship with Him. Ask yourself where you are in your relationship with God, and then ask yourself where you want to be.

Like the scripture indicates, sometimes we lose sight of what is at the heart of it all – Christ. Lent is a time to repair whatever distance you might find between where you are with God and where you want to be. Lent calls you to deny yourself and come back to the open arms of God and to the love that He freely offers.

“God so loved the world that he gave his only be-gotten Son, so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life.”

Sometimes it’s hard to grasp this beauty of Christ’s love. Let today be a reminder of why you made these Lenten promises. Lent is a reminder of Christ’s unfailing love and the beauty of God’s love for us, His children, so much so that he sacrificed his only begotten Son, so that we might be saved and be with Him for all eternity. We can get lost in the sacrifice of Lent that we forget to be thankful for the fruits of the spirit that come from self-denial. Lent is not just a time of taking away something in our life, but rather the addition of graces that come from the self-denial of these sacrifices. We take away those ties to the world, in hopes of gaining more for our soul. In the Gospel, Jesus asks the Jews why they turn to everywhere else except Him. Why is it that we look to other places to satisfy our longings? Why do we feel that anything of this world can satisfy the deepest longings of our hearts more than Christ? We must look at the beauty of the Crucifix and recognize that that alone is proof of the greatest love there ever was. A man died to save us and sometimes we become so numb to that fact.

We must take this time of Lent to understand the beauty that lies behind the cross. We must believe in the love that God has freely given. Sometimes we forget. But Christ died on the cross, not so that we may forget but so that we may be saved and rejoice in the joy of being saved. Each time we celebrate the beauty of the mass we are called to remember the beauty of the sacrifice that Christ so freely gave.Christ invites us to open our hearts to Him and He wants to make a dwelling place in our hearts. His arms are open wide, yet sometimes we do not accept that open invitation. How beautiful it is that the same God who created the complexity and intricacy of the stars and the universe wants to have a deeper relationship with us. What a beautiful thought to know that our hearts were made for Him by Him.

Lent is a time to recognize God’s deeper love so that we might set our eyes on that which Christ has always called us to - a greater intimacy with Him. Let these readings speak to your eternal soul and let this lent be a time of self-sacrifice in the beauty of Christ’s invitation. It is through self-sacrifice that we might be reminded that the only thing we need to sustain our souls is God alone.

This Lenten season, let us become more aware of the beauty of God’s presence and His unfailing love in our lives.

Leigh-Ann Calotes is a Sophomore studying Psychology.

4 comments:

  1. In our simple life, love plays a very specific role.Now we are able to make your love life healthy and it has no space for any type trouble. These all are possible with the help of AGBAZARA TEMPLE OF SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back withing 48hours who left me for another woman. you can also contact him on ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or call him on +2348104102662 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.

    BETTY from USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Jane from USA, It is so amazing to know such a man called Dr. Agbazara because he is so powerful that he was able to bring Dave back to me within 48 hours. Dave left for another girl and for some weeks i was so helpless because he met everything to me. But Dr. Agbazara was able to put smile in my face when he brought Dave back to me just within 48hours. And today me and Dave are back together all through the help of Dr.Agbazara whose contact details are agbazara@gmail.com OR agbazaratemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attn... Viewers.
    My name is Sylvester. Nothing has ever hurt my heart so bad as when I lost my beautiful wife and lovely daughter. I and my wife had some series of quarrels some few months after she had our daughter. Though we was still married we couldn’t always live happily because we will always quarrel on everything until 2014 when she filed for a divorce, we broke up and she left with our daughter. I tried all I could to get my wife back but all yielded no good until I read some comments about Lord Henry of Permanent Spell Cast and his marvelous works of spells. I took is contacts and emailed him directly for help on getting my wife back. I provided all details he required and he helped me cast a love spell from his temple and asked me to wait for some few hours. It was just about 3 hours later after the spell, when I received a call from my wife that she was sorry and we needed to get back as husband and wife. Am so happy now that my wife and daughter are back to me and my family is living happily. Thanks to Lord Henry of permanent spell cast for helping me get back my wife and daughter. For help his contacts are
    Email: permanentspellcast@gmail.com , permanentspellcast@hotmail.com and Permamentspellcast@yahoo.com
    WhatsApp: +2348100663964
    Website: www.permanentspellcaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEST DIVORCE SPELL CASTER 

    I recently saw a testimony about a spell caster of some sort in a blog I visit for relationship and dating counseling problems because i had been having serious issues with my husband and we had been married for 3 years,he just suddenly changed, he was returning my calls ,he started cheating, he was hurting me in so many ways i never thought possible and I just thought I should try it maybe out of desperation of some sort ..and I think for a thought about the spell caster called DR UGO WONDERS I contacted him At first everything felt dreamy and unbelievable, their consultations and solution was a little bit easy and strange and I was scared a little cos I heard read and heard lots of stories of fake spell casters, scams and i never really believed in magic.. I played along with a little hope and and faith and I was sent some few stuffs after everything and it worked like a miracle, everything went to a while new direction, I guess it was all good faith that made me read That particular post that faithful day.. I hope they could help other people too like they did a little and I got everything I wanted and wished for my husband, my family and my life back to contact the DR UGO WONDERS through is email and cell number at :::  generalspelltemple@gmail.com or his mobile number on +1 386-336-9876 



    BEST DIVORCE SPELL CASTER 

    I recently saw a testimony about a spell caster of some sort in a blog I visit for relationship and dating counseling problems because i had been having serious issues with my husband and we had been married for 3 years,he just suddenly changed, he was returning my calls ,he started cheating, he was hurting me in so many ways i never thought possible and I just thought I should try it maybe out of desperation of some sort ..and I think for a thought about the spell caster called DR UGO WONDERS I contacted him At first everything felt dreamy and unbelievable, their consultations and solution was a little bit easy and strange and I was scared a little cos I heard read and heard lots of stories of fake spell casters, scams and i never really believed in magic.. I played along with a little hope and and faith and I was sent some few stuffs after everything and it worked like a miracle, everything went to a while new direction, I guess it was all good faith that made me read That particular post that faithful day.. I hope they could help other people too like they did a little and I got everything I wanted and wished for my husband, my family and my life back to contact the DR UGO WONDERS through is email and cell number at :::  generalspelltemple@gmail.com or his mobile number on +1 386-336-9876 

    ReplyDelete